Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Word of the Year 2019 - ATTUNE

Here we are nearing the end of January of a brand new year and I've finally just made a final selection of my guiding word for 2019. ATTUNE, It's defined as follows:

Attune: to bring into harmony, to make aware or responsive, adjust or accustom.  Derived from the word, tune which is bringing into the proper pitch.  

 I've engaged in this word of the year practice for awhile now, and every year my word mystically has guided me into situations, changes, and challenges that have helped to expand this still flawed, old soul.  I've changed in ways that have enhanced the quality of my life and felt guided by a mysterious mentor who led me to whatever word I needed that year in order to move to another level of becoming a grown-up spirit.  My incessant questions about who I am, what makes for a satisfying life, and, how can I get me one of the those, lead the search for the word.  It usually starts out a month or so before the year's end. I engage in some serious soul searching and  list words that drift into my head, or maybe I see a pattern with a particular word, or sometimes it shows up, repeatedly, almost like a spiritual slap up the side of my head.   Someone also suggested years ago, the best way to find your word is to ask the question, "How do I want to feel in the next year?" Free?  Creative? Motivated? Blossoming? Transformed?  I find myself, especially this year, becoming less ambitious, in a nurturing way, and the demands I place on myself seem  more laissez faire. That feels like a good thing.  However, I do have a deep desire to continue to become that version of me that God already sees. I think that takes building a deeper relationship with Him and those Higher Angels,  building understanding and being in concert with that Higher Mind as it pertains to my life.  I want those answers that guide my choices, ethics, and demeanor, to live and easily arise from a place of effortless intuition; in proper pitch with the Creator of the Universe who will  open my eyes on a daily basis (if I let Him) to Its perfection, and teaches me how to live in harmony with it, no matter what script is playing out.   

I recognized, at the very least it would take a lot of work to develop such a relationship - plenty of quiet time, reflection, meditation, prayer, study, yoga, nature and a myriad of other tools to practice being present and paying attention. I have been doing many of these things, intermittently. But, part-time isn't committing to a relationship, nor does it really build trust.   Trust isn't a strong suit of mine to begin with.  

This word just might be my most challenging.  Attune. 

It took me so long to wrap my arms around this powerful word of the year for 2019.  It is intimidating and I could be in for a real joy ride. What if I ask the question and the message gets scrambled?  What if the direction I am to take is uncharted territory? What if the change is too hard?  What if I get some kind of vicarious pleasure out of a bad habit? Taking up residence at my intuitive center, is like moving to a foreign country.  Language might be a barrier.  On the flip side, what's wrong with learning a new language? And, uncharted territory in my experience has often produced the sweetest fruits.  

Who knows how the year will end?  I am trying not to have any expectations, and just concentrate on attuning myself to the unlimited source of a harmonious life and letting go of how I think that ought to look. We'll talk again at the end of the year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment